Educación Plus have sent us a prayer update for June.
Keith and Joy are travelling to Costa Rica (Keith for 3 months and Joy will join him in July for a shorter time period. They will work alongside the team there and hope to catch up with many of their 'old' children. Please pray for:
- Safety for Keith and Joy as they travel.
- Give thanks for an email from one of our “ex” boys (now 22) who, years ago when he was dropping out of school, we sent on a professional cookery course. Randy, now a chef at a Sheraton Hotel in Costa Rica, says he thanks God for the opportunity he was given through EdPlus.
- Pray for our upcoming Bible summer school (3rd to 6th July) during the mid-year school holidays. A group from Toronto will be leading four days of Bible teaching and we are expecting around 80 children each day.
- Additionally, a local church will be involved with leading, along with a good number of volunteers who are “ex” Educación Plus youngsters. Another great opportunity for everybody to enjoy “learning God’s love together”.
- Keith as he contacts and supports some boys who came up through the Educacion Plus clubs but are now in prison.
- A 'retreat' bible club held at a Christian centre in the mountains for the older teenagers in August.